Drug crime penalties following a conviction can impact someone’s entire life, putting the person wrongfully accused in a difficult position moving forward. For those who have been arrested, it is crucial to recognize what the penalties of a conviction can be.
Knowing what the penalties can be should help you understand the urgency in getting a Farmington Hills criminal defense lawyer on your side. This is the first step to help defend your rights and help you keep your freedom.
Penalties for Marijuana Charges
- Those convicted for possession of marijuana can face up to one year in jail and have to pay fines reaching up to $2,000.
- Those convicted for distribution of marijuana can face up to four years in prison and have to pay fines reaching up to $20,000 depending on the amount of marijuana.
Penalties for Prescription Drug Charges
- Penalties for possession of prescription drugs can vary depending on the schedule and amount of drugs. However, for up to 25 grams of a Schedule I or II drug can result in four years in prison and $25,000 in fines.
- Penalties for distribution of prescription drugs can also vary, but selling controlled substances can result in up to 40 years in prison and fines reaching up to $250,000.
Penalties for Methamphetamine Charges
- When someone is convicted of possession of methamphetamine, penalties can vary based on amount in possession, but typically goes up to 10 years in prison, and fines up to $15,000.
- A conviction of distribution of methamphetamine can carry prison time up to 20 years and fines up to $25,000.
Penalties for cocaine and heroin crimes are also dependent on the amount of the drug in possession or being distributed. It’s important to hire a lawyer who can help defend you.
Get a Farmington Hills Drug Crime Attorney in Your Corner
If you’re facing serious drug crime charges and need someone to defend your rights in a court of law, you can rely on me and my team. I’m Daniel D. Hajji, Attorney at Law, and it is my utmost duty to defend the rights and futures of those who have been wrongfully arrested or charged with serious crimes.
We’ll work hard to build a defense based on your best interests, allowing you to focus on the most important matters. Let us be your guide through this difficult process.